Personalised Running and Athletics Coaching
Momentum Sports' expert coaching team is here to help you with all your running and athletics needs.
Why Momentum Sports?
It's because we can help you achieve what you want for the following reasons
- we've been established since 2000, coaching athletes of all ages and abilities - across all athletics and running events.
- we tailor all our coaching to meet your individual goals and requirements
- we have one of the strongest coaching teams in the UK, using the latest proven training methods. Working as a team enhances development and innovation, benefitting all athletes.
- all our coaches are fully qualified and insured, with experience of coaching from total beginner to international level athletes.
- we work really hard to identify and improve areas of your training across the board to get the results you want. This is a lot more than just run faster, run longer.
Here is what we have on offer for you.
- Online Coaching - We provide running coaching over the internet, with weekly updates in our online diary and email contact to answer all your queries. We can also analyse your technique with this package if you send us a video.
- Coaching at Kingston Track - We have a large number of athletes of all standards across a range of groups and coaches at Kingsmeadow track in Kingston, both on the track and in the field. We will coach you in this group setting and also provide the individual diary etc provided by our online coaching, if appropriate for you as an individual. All athletes of all standards and ages can be catered for across all the events (assuming Kestrel Club - see below - isn't more appropriate). We even have sports therapist support on training nights and access to a free weights gym included in the subs.
- 1-2-1 Coaching - Individual sessions, at a location of your choice can be arranged, to help you improve any aspect of your running. This works particularly well when you are looking to improve your technique, if are a bit nervous about starting or if are very restricted for time in terms of training in a group setting.
- Help for your Sports Club - We can come into your sports club and assist with your speed, endurance, S&C or general fitness planning. We help those in track, field and running events, but have also assisted footballers, rugby and hockey players and even ultimate frisbee players with their speed and fitness for their sports. Basically if you need to run faster, run for longer or need help with any specific athletics event, we can help! This can be for individuals or across a team.
- Kestrel Club for U18s - Hugely successful scheme for youngsters in the Kingston area. We have over 200 kids signed up currently and more arriving all the time for what are hugely fun and rewarding sessions. Over the years, hundreds of athletes have been trained with Kestrels and moved on to our more senior athletics groups afterwards.
- Hurdles Training Sessions on Sundays. - Hurdles sessions designed to work on the technical elements of hurdling. For any athlete who wishes to improve their hurdles technique / stride pattern / starts etc etc, whether you train the rest of the time with us or not.
- Coached Running and Athletics for adults - Two groups aimed at helping total beginners through to established intermediates improve their all round athletics in one and longer distance running in the other, with sessions at 9.30am on Sunday mornings. You'll be put in groups suitable for your goals and abilities, so you will feel comfortable with the training set for you.
- Wednesday Morning Adults Sessions - This is a social running group that meet on Ham Common every Wednesday for a fun running session on the common. Afterwards there is the option to go for coffee and cake at a local café!
- Schools Coaching - We have a team of coaches who can come into your school and help get the kids excited about athletics through fun sessions with all the underlying fundamentals of the movements and skills required to be an athlete.
- Full Service Running Help - All the benefits of the coaching at Kingston, including the online diary - plus we have created a package of 1 to 1 sessions, sports massage, nutritional advice and gym access to help you get the most from your running. Ideal for the truly dedicated athlete.
- Sports Therapy or Massage - Sports Therapy and massage from Natasha Alfred and Max Perez-Diaz, our resident sports therapists, who can bring years of both athletics and therapy experience to bear to help you.
- Video Analysis - Runners can send up video clips of them in action and we will help with suggestions as to improvements that can be made in technique etc, to help you run faster.
- Momentum Academy - We offer elite athletes additional help where we can, through sponsoring them within our Momentum Academy. Find out more about the benefits and whether you might qualify.
Here is a little bit of what we do at Momentum Sports to show you what we are all about.